Sam & Carol Soukotta
Sam completed 3 years Bible School training at the AOG Bible School in Ambon, Indonesia in 1963. After graduation he pioneered a church for 2 years and then travelled the islands of Indonesia conducting large outdoor crusades and church meetings for 8 years. After marriage in 1972, Sam began teaching in the Tawangmangu Bible School, later becoming the principal. In 1998 God gave him a vision which has become a reality in West Kalimantan – Mt Hope. Carol grew up in a missionary family. Having spent some of her childhood years in Indonesia it was not difficult to adapt to missionary life at the age of 18. Administration was Carol’s gifting which was a great help at the Tawangmangu Bible College. Until today, the Soukotta’s continue to minister in the Indonesian churches.
Director of Mt Hope Foundation, which includes:
1. A thriving Bible College in Central Java
- Over 4,000 students have graduated
- 70-80% in the ministry today – 2 yr Diploma in Ministry & 4 yr Degree in Theology.
2. Mt Hope Training Centre in West Kalimantan
- Boarding School for 160 Dayak (Borneo) children (as we build more dormitories, we will take in more children).
- Junior High School (about 500 children at present). The Senior High School to be built yet.
MINISTRY TO THE CHURCHES OF INDONESIA
For more information visit: www.mount-hope.org, www.stt-tawangmangu.ac.id